Mrs. Jones, our student teacher, has done an amazing job with our students. Next Friday will be her last day, and we will be so sad to see her go. She is going to be a wonderful teacher and her future students will be lucky to have her.
Though I hate for Mrs. Jones to leave, I am ready to get back in the saddle with our kiddos! We have such a wonderful class -- each of your children are so special! I am excited to be with them full time again.
In the classroom...
In Math we will continue to work with place value and identifing tens and ones. We are also working to solve for missing addends and subtrahends.
In Readers' Workshop & Integrated Social Studies we are looking at books about communities and goods and services. We are examining the idea of the world being a community and how we are a part of it, and how cultures and customs differ. This is a precursor to our upcoming "Holidays Around the World" unit that is always so much fun.
In Writers' Workshop we are continuing with writing our own stories, and our focused lessons are on the revision prcess. We are learning how to be a writing teacher to our friend when we have a peer conference.
In Science we are studying the sun and the moon. We have had some lively discussions about our solar system! It's always interesting to get a six-year-old's perspective of the universe!
Notices, Dates, & Reminders:
- Saturday, December 4th: The Boals Honor Choir will be singing at Merry Main Street at 7:35.
- December 6-10: Inclusive Schools Week.
- December 7th: "Warm Up to a New Friend" (wear warm ups); Mooyah Spirit Night; Staff Caroling around the neighborhood
- December 8th: "Shine for Boals" (wear white day)
- December 9th: "I am 'Blue-tiful'" (wear blue day); Chick-Fil-A day; 6:30 3rd Grade Performance
- December 10th: "Boals Unity Day" (wear your Boals shirt)
- December 17th: "Snow Ball" Winter Party, 1st Grade @ 2:00
Thank you so much for all the contributions to the Angel gifts! I know there are two kids out there that will really appreciate your generosity.